El Sali-The Lord Is My Strength And 20 Scriptures On Strength
Updated: Oct 25, 2022
El Sali is the Hebrew name for God meaning the Lord is my strength or God my rock.
David the Psalmist and King, who is known for his heart after God, spoke the words of this song to the Lord on the day when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said:
" I love You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength."
El Sali-The Lord Is My Strength
I love You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength. Psalm 18:1.
Pronouncing The Name Of God, El Sali: el sah-LEE
This is Day 21 of a 30 Day study on The Names Of God. If you haven't read the introduction yet, please start HERE
And make sure you scroll to the end of this post to read and meditate on 20 Bible verses about strength to encourage your heart.
God is my strength in Hebrew - El Sali
We first hear this name for God in the book of Exodus 17:6.
"I will stand before you on the rock at Mount Sinai. Strike the rock, and water will come gushing out. Then the people will be able to drink.” So Moses struck the rock as he was told, and water gushed out as the elders looked on.
In Exodus 17 we read about the Israelites walking through the desert, having fled from Pharoah in Egypt and they had just miraculously crossed the Red Sea a few days earlier. They had seen the most awesome miracle by God to save them, yet they still did not trust God to supply their need for their thirst.
They were hot, tired, thirsty, and out of water! They complained to Moses and their wise leader prayed to God. God told Moses to strike the rock and because Moses trusted and obeyed God, water gushed out of the rock to quench the thirst of the Israelites. In their moment of need, they received life-restoring and refreshing water from God, their El Sali.
Paul the apostle refers to this event in 1 Corinthians 10:1-4.
I don’t want you to forget, dear brothers and sisters, about our ancestors in the wilderness long ago. All of them were guided by a cloud that moved ahead of them, and all of them walked through the sea on dry ground. 2 In the cloud and in the sea, all of them were baptized as followers of Moses. 3 All of them ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all of them drank the same spiritual water. For they drank from the spiritual rock that traveled with them, and that rock was Christ.
Jesus is your El Sali. He is your Messiah who is the living water that delivers you from sin and death, and refreshes and restores your soul.
20 Encouraging Bible Verses About Strength:
If you are feeling weary and need some much-needed strength and encouragement, call on God, El Sali to refresh you. Here are 20 encouraging bible verses about strength.
Make some time to write out the bible verses that grab your heart. As you meditate on them, they will refresh your soul.
You can use a notebook (make sure you check out the beautiful scripture notebooks in our store, HERE are some of them you can personalize with your name!)
1.I love You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength. Psalm 18:1.
2. God is our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains be shaken into the midst of the seas, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling and tumult. Psalm 46:1-3.
3. Then [Ezra] told them, Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet drink, and send portions to him for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold. Nehemiah 8:10.
4.Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. Isaiah 41:10.
5. The Lord is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him, my father’s God, and I will exalt Him. Exodus15:2.
6. Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9.
7. Behold, God, my salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and song; yes, He has become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2.
8. Alas, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! There is nothing too hard or too wonderful for You—Jeremiah 32:17.
9. But I will sing of Your mighty strength and power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning; for You have been to me a defense (a fortress and a high tower) and a refuge in the day of my distress. Psalm 59:16.
10. For the Lord, your God is He Who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to save you. Deuteronomy 20:4.
11. My life dissolves and weeps itself away for heaviness; raise me up and strengthen me according to [the promises of] Your word. Psalm 119:28
12. Seek the Lord and His strength; yearn for and seek His face and to be in His presence continually! 1 Chronicles 16:11.
13. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7.
14. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13.
15. The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace. Psalm 29:11.
16. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Psalm 73:26.
17. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31.
18. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. Mark 12:30.
19. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
20. A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Ephesians 6:10.
Applying the name of God, El Sali-The Lord Is My Strength to your life:
How does knowing God as El Sali-The Lord Is My Strength affect your life?
I have prepared a free sample printable for you to use as you explore the names of God. It includes a printable list of God's names and a sample of a Bible study on one of the names of God. You will find it in our Resource Library Here.
So who is El Sali to you?
How does knowing God as El Sali impact your life?
How can you grow in your Christian walk by understanding God as El Sali?
Praying the Name Of God, El Sali-The Lord Is My Strength:
When you pray the word of God, you are praying His words of truth into your situation. It is the same when you pray the names of God. When you understand the meaning of the specific name of God and pray it over your situation-it is declaring His power over it. It certainly will build your faith and expectation of God to move in it.